Re: officerouter, netgw and pap/chap

Alexei Krivenkov (kriv@dataart.com)
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 11:16:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 14 Apr 1997, Volker Klau wrote:

> i have problems with an officerouter running
> ComOs 3.4.2Lc1.
I started having exactly the same problem a few days ago. Before it worked
fine. And now it works (LCP state, PAP successful) with Netopia 635
and a couple of other clients.
Livingston PortMaster PM-2e ComOS 3.5 is in my case.

> The officerouter get called by a NetGw router.
Farallon Netopia 640 calls in in my case.
> Here is a dump of the incoming call:

dump is exactly the same.
> seca> set console
> seca> set debug 0x51
> Setting debug value to 0x51
> seca> Received LCP_CONFIGURE_REQUEST on port S2 of 12 bytes containing:
> 01 f1 00 10
> 01 04 = mru 1500
> 08 00 = compression settings
> 07 02 = compression settings
> 08 02 = compression settings
> 03 04 c0 23 = netgw needs pap
>

> Sending LCP_CONFIGURE_NAK to port S2 of 9 bytes containing:
> 03 f1 00 09
> 03 05 c2 23 05 = officerouter says chap
does it really mean it wants chap or NAK's chap? To my knowledge
LCP_CONFIGURE_NAK should contain exactly options offered in
LCP_CONFIGURE_REQUEST (i might be wrong)? And if it NAK's chap,
why it does so - CHAp was not even offered?
the other question is why remote neither ACK's nor rejects offered
options?

--
Alexei Krivenkov
DataArt