Re: Farallon to Livingston

Vikram Khare (vkhare@cyberview.net)
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 11:27:59 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 14 Apr 1997, Josh Siegel wrote:

> You're correct that the Netopia sounds like what you need. The Ascend
> implementation of NAT is a little far out with a one-to-one relationship
> between global addresses and private addresses. The way the Netopia uses
> ONE global address to the many private addresses is a better way of going
> about it, in my mind.

Well, does Livingston plan on supporting anything like NAT soon?
I'd imagine that a Livingston office router connecting to a Portmaster
would more than likely be a more reliable connect with better uptime than
a different vendor's product connecting to my Portmasters.

--
vkhare@cyberview.net
http://www.cyberview.net