Re: Question about PM3

Sherwood Pekelo (spekelo@iav.com)
Sat, 12 Apr 1997 17:44:39 -1000 (HST)

On Sat, 12 Apr 1997, Jaime Bozza wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Apr 1997, Todd Nagengast - Systems Wrangler wrote:
>
> > Are you talking about a PM3 here?
> <G> See subject.
> > If so, you have to do a "show all" to have it list what modem is connected
> > to what serial port.
> > If you do a "show mx" (x being a number) it will give you stats on the modem
> > and say what serial port it's connected to. But if you do a "show sx" (x
> > being a number) it doesn't show you what modem you're connected to.
>
> Serial ports don't exist on a PM3 (Other than the console port) ... So,
> that still brings me back to my question. Do the 'S' ports correspond to
> CT1's "Channels?" If that's the case, if one has 2 PRI, would there never
> be anyone connected to S23 or S47? (S0-S22, S24-S46 being channels 0-23
> on each PRI, since the 24th channel is always a 'D' channel)

The 24th channel is not _always_ a 'D' channel ... under the current
ComOSs, which don't support NFAS, you DO need to have a 'D' channel per
trunk.

On:

<http://www.iav.com/~poidog/pm3/console.html>

I'll put some outputs of:

1) show all
2) show ses
3) show mX
4) show sX

>From having a mis-provisioned PRI it seems that

S0-S22 are for Line0 aka the 1st PRI
S24-S46 are for Line1 aka the 2nd PRI

Under _Mdm_ for show all mX refers to the particular modem in use on which
channel for the PRI.

Feel free to rip the page for your own use...
or I welcome suggestions to make it more user viewable...

--
Aloha,

Sherwood