Re: A Dummy question about PM3s

Sherwood Pekelo (spekelo@iav.com)
Sat, 12 Apr 1997 17:54:16 -1000 (HST)

On Sat, 12 Apr 1997, Curt Eckhart wrote:

> >So if you have 2 8-modem cards you could have 16 analog calls and 7 ISDN
> >calls all running at the same time. Or you could have 23 ISDN calls. Just
> >remember that the number of 8-modem cards you have is the highest number of
> >analog calls you can have.
> >

> Can you have telco configure the PRI directory numbers to hunt through
> into a regular analog pool also ? For instance, suppose you have a 30
> line POTS hunt group in place and a PM3 with two PRI lines in it
> configured as per the above. Then when the PM3 is handling 16 analog
> calls, can it be configured to "roll over" into the POTS hunt ?

It depends...technically they should be able to in most cases. But they
may not be tariffed...may not have a rate-schedule...may not have the
training to do the software programming... My suggestions is to make
friends with an account-exec and engineer and if so most times they'll
then be more than willing to help you out.

--
Aloha,

Sherwood