Re: Was: USR Lowers

Jeffrey J. Mountin (sysop@mixcom.com)
Sun, 06 Apr 1997 04:16:35 -0500

At 08:38 AM 4/5/97 +0000, Gordon Soukoreff wrote:

>OK, let's not elevate their egos.
>:)

Awwww... Everyone needs a pat on the back now and again. When I fix a
global problem, the one person that say thanks means a lot. Even if that
is the only person that says "Thanks." my day is made.

>BTW, How many of those engineers are of US origin ?

No offense to any one, but there have been quite a few ISP employees that
obviously have English as a second language.

Now if they have a problem with a user on our system, why don't they mail
the details and not call. This is normal practice. A call just means that
you are going to ask for logs, so we can find the little (wannabe) hacker.

FWIW, I have trained with someone that could barely speak English, not sure
why I was chosen (patience?), but constant repetition of "Can you say that
again?" does not make for a short call. E-mail is efficient for this,
regardless of how well one speaks.

Jeff Mountin - System/Network Administrator
jeff@mixcom.net

MIX Communications
Serving the Internet since 1990