Re: Mirror sites, PLEASE!

Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@comtch.iea.com)
Sat, 5 Apr 1997 18:33:11 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 5 Apr 1997, Jacob H. Suter wrote:

> Well... as I sit here downloading radius.pdf, which is taking about all
> day, I'm beginning to wonder why doesn't livingston put up some mirror
> sites with at least the files (the pdf's, the pmconsoles, etc etc) that
> are non beta stuff up elsewhere? Its not that hard to do mirrors.
>
> I've gotten better transfer rates off a 14.4k, or a 2.4k for that matter.
>
> Either there has to be some mirrors, or you gotta get a real upstream
> because this is just...sad.

I talked to Carl about this, and we will be mirroring the /le
tree on the Livingston FTP site. We should have everything in
place to do this, and I haven't had anyone complain about the speeds
to out FTP servers.

As soon as I have everything in place on out side, I'll give
Carl the information first, then post the information here.
With our new backbone coming up next month the speeds should
be even faster then. :)

Dale