Re: ISDN D-O-V

Joe Portman (baron@aa.net)
Fri, 4 Apr 1997 14:57:39 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 4 Apr 1997, keith wrote:

> Joe,

> Could you give some more details concerning ISDN DOV with the PM3 over
> Channelized T1.

> -How does the router/modem need to be configed to access our pop

Set the router to originate the call as a "voice" call. This paramenter is
different on each type of equipment. Set the router to originate the call
at 56K.

Set the router to synch PPP mode. On true routers, this is the default, on
Terminal adapters (such as the b*ttsurfr), you must specify it.

> -Does it support dual B access

I don't know, I don't see why not. The PM3 just sees a 56K HDLC
connection, validated with PAP.

> -Are there any down sides

Not that I can tell, other than you can't do 64K, only 56K.

> We have a anyother PRI scheduled for install in two weeks due to an
> increase in ISDN business. If we could use CHT1, it would save us (and
> the customers) alot of money.

Yup. I'm already mapping a strategy. :-)

Cordially,
Joe Portman - Alternate Access Inc. Affordable, Reliable Internet