Re: Connecting to PM3 and Hanging

John G. Thompson (jgt10@livingston.com)
Wed, 27 Nov 1996 08:59:56 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 25 Nov 1996, Bernie Brocklehurst wrote:

> We just installed our first two PM3s this weekend and didn't have
> any real problems getting them going. We have noticed one problem.
>
> Occassionally we will have a person connect in but they can't go
> anywhere. Netscape sits at 'Looking up host'... They can disconnect
> and reconnect to one of our Annex 4000s and go anywhere they want.
> They can't log back into the PM3 successfully until they restart (or
> so that has been the case when we try to duplicate it). Just curious
> if anyone has any suggestions or ideas.

Sounds like a routing problem. Either a default route or a gateway
route. Is the connection to the PM3 made after a connection to the Annex?

After a restart, a connetion to the PM3 does the conneciton to the Annex
work?

Is this a win95 machine? If it is have they applied the kernel32 patch?

JGT

--
John G. Thompson       Livingston Enterprises Inc.    Phone: (800) 458-9966
JOAT(MON)              4464 Willow Road                 Fax: (510) 426-8951