Re: Upgrading PM2e & er

John G. Thompson (jgt10@livingston.com)
Wed, 27 Nov 1996 09:03:50 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 25 Nov 1996, Mike Taylor wrote:

> I would like to upgrade all of my portmasters to the latest FUNCTIONAL ComOS
> release. Which one would that be? I am currently running 3.3.1 on all
> of them.

The current release for PortMasters is 3.3.3.

Folloiwng Ben Franklin's philosphy of "...hope for hte best and prepare
for the worst..." I STRONGLY recommend that you do the following:

--
1) Get the new ComOS AND its release notes off the livingston web site.

2) READ the release notes.

3) If you don't have them, get the ComOS and release notes for your current version of the ComOS.

4) Read the current ComOS release notes.

5) Read the new ComOS release notes.

6) install, configure and test a tftp server within you local network. Look in chapter 19 of the blue config guide for information.

7) Read the release notes for the current and new ComOS.

8) copy both the current and new ComOS versions onto the tftp server and your pmconsole or pminstall host.

9) Read the release notes for the current and new ComOS.

10) Save the current PM configuration either by a pmreadconf or pmconsole save configuration or series of show commands captured to a file.

11) Read the release notes for the current and new ComOS.

12) Perform the ComOS upgrade.

13) Read the release notes for the current and new ComOS.

JGT

--
John G. Thompson      Livingston Enterprises Inc.    Phone: (800) 458-9966
JOAT(MON)             6920-220 Koll Centre Pkwy.       Fax: (510) 426-8951