Re: Dropped connections on downloads

Bill Lutton (whl@pageplus.com)
Tue, 12 Nov 1996 19:01:52 GMT

Greetings and Salutations Jeremy, :-)

Connection Reset By Peer is generated when the entity on the
other side of a socket closes it. In this case it means that the
=46TP server has decided it is tired of talking to the FTP client.
I've seen this a couple of times when trying to download from
a very heavily loaded server; I've never seen it when the download
was clipping along. I don't know of a way that the PM or the
modems can cause this -- in the cases I've seen it the PPP link
was still up and working. Is this the case for you?

Bill