Re: Ascend is running scared

Bitwise Internet Technologies (admin@bitwise.net)
Fri, 08 Nov 1996 14:03:37 -0500

BUT 1. When will PM-3 really ship? and
2. When will it support channelized T-1 for non-ISDN (modems)? I can
get channelized T-1 from MFS for about 1/2 my NYNEX monthly 1MB bill, but a
PRI which I can only get from NYNEX is more than 2 times the cost of
individual pairs.

At 08:31 PM 11/7/96 -0800, you wrote:
>... 8< --- [ lots deleted ] ---- >8
>A 2 PRI PM-3 with 48 modems is $16,861 at ISP pricing for North America
>customers.
>
>Even with Ascend desperately giving away old technology and slashing their
>prices, they can't beat us.

They have it ready to ship TODAY, and by your own admission theirs is old
and thoroughly field-tested solution.

>-MZ
>--
>Livingston Enterprises - Chair, Department of Interstitial Affairs
>Phone: 800-458-9966 510-426-0770 FAX: 510-426-8951 megazone@livingston.com
>For support requests: support@livingston.com <http://www.livingston.com/>
>Snail mail: 6920 Koll Center Parkway #220, Pleasanton, CA 94566

Bitwise Internet Technologies, Inc. email: support@bitwise.net
22 Drydock Avenue tel: (617) 261-4700
Boston, MA 02210 fax: (617) 261-7788