Re: PMLOG* Files!

Andy Doolittle (andy@livingston.com)
Thu, 7 Nov 1996 10:55:40 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 7 Nov 1996, Wen Fung wrote:

> Hi Folks;
>
> I've noticed some pmlog* files in my /tmp directory, maybe it's generated
> by Pmconsole, I'm not sure.
>
> How can I disable that? Is this normal?
>
> here is a list of the files:
>
> pm.filters.25918
> pm.hosts.25918
> pm.routes.25918
> pm.snmp.25918
> pmlog13397.37
> pmlog13421.35
> pmlog16007.164
> pmlog21358.110
> pmlog5037.85
> pmlog5065.71
> pmlog953.16
> pmlog988.29

The above are all temporary files that pmconsole creates. They get
deleted on exit - looks like you killed it or it crashed (Naw ... 8-)

> textsw_shelf

Not sure what this is, but it looks like an xview thingie.

> What are those files? Can I remove them?

If you're not running pmconsole you can nuke them. If you kill them
while it's running it will probably get upset.

> Any suggestions or idea are welcomed!
>
> TIA,
>
> --
>
> Wen Fung Internet Access
> System Administrator Web Publishing
> CyberMedia Panama http://www.pty.com

andy
++++
In Redmond, no one can hear you scream ...

My opinions, of course, are my own, unless they were given to me by my
employer.

Andrew Doolittle - Sr. Engineer Livingston Enterprises
email: andy@livingston.com vmail: (800)458-9966
smail: 6920 Koll Center Parkway #220, Pleasanton, CA 94566