Re: Ascend is running scared

Dave Berzins (berzins@nucleus.com)
Fri, 08 Nov 1996 08:27:39 -0700

At 08:31 PM 11/7/96 -0800, you wrote:

>Even with Ascend desperately giving away old technology and slashing their
>prices, they can't beat us.

I am certainly not defending Ascend for mailing out this message which I
also received, but they DO have a shipping product. I was forced into
making a decision on to wait for Livingston or go with something else. I
know your track record for new products has been addressed, but bottom line
is I purchased a 4004. I NEEDED something, and could not depend on
Livingston to deliver. (Still waiting for my PowerLink card, that now has
been canceled.).

I DO agree with you that they are scared. To make my point, I told my
Ascend rep that I was going to wait for the PM3, or he could give me equal
pricing. So I paid the exact as a PM3! (Even something that's not out
helps). Once you have your trade up program out, and units in the field, I
will certainly look at it again as all the Livingston products I have to
date work great!

Dave...

_\\|//_
(-0-0-)
| Dave Berzins, President Nucleus Inc. 1835B 10 Ave S.W. Calgary, AB, T3C 0K2|
| 403-541-9470 Voice, 403-541-9400 Modem, 403-541-9474 Fax |
|email:berzins@nucleus.com www: http://www.nucleus.com finger:nis.nucleus.com|
|| ||
ooO Ooo