Re: Primary & Secondary Radius Servers

Adam Burns (adamb@peg.apc.org)
Wed, 06 Nov 1996 10:18:27 +1000

At 01:08 AM 11/5/96 -0500, Darren G. Ellis wrote:

>Can someone out there tell me how the primary and secondary servers work?
>More specifically, if the primary server is used for authenticating the
>user, the primary default host is used if required. If the primary does
>not find the user, and the secondary does, is the primary default host
>assigned or is the secondary default host assigned?
>
>The goal here is to have two separate domains running on the same
>hardware. If a caller belongs to domain 1, machine 1 is assigned as
>default host. If a caller belongs to domain 2, she will not be found by
>server 1, but will be found by server 2, and machine 2 is assigned as
>default host.
>
>Will radius do this?

It may be slightly 'inappropriate' to mention the Merit flavor RADIUS server
on this list, but that is exactly what we are doing with it.

I would be interested to know whether this is easily now achievable with the
Livingston version of the RADIUS server.

Adam Burns
vortex@netstorm.net.au
-
Contact us for distributed RADIUS enabled,
local call dial up access across *all* of Australia.