Re: Alpha Paging-Off Topic Sorry all

John Driscoll (jfd@prime-x.net)
Tue, 5 Nov 1996 15:02:51 -0500

Mark;

It's been awhile since I looked at this, but... check out www.ipswitch.com,
they had a package that would alpha-page you with various network errors. It
would also do some basic network monitoring. Not sure if it works with Linux
though, I was running NT at the time.

John

At 11:08 AM 11/5/96 -0600, you wrote:
>Hello, all
>
>A couple of weeks ago I recall a discussion about system monitoring and
paging, so I am sorry if this is a re-hash. My current monitoring system
sends mail to a mail box on our Linux Box, email-pager then pages us and we
check the mail. I am looking for a package that will page my Alpha pager
with the contents of the subject line. Can anyone shed some light on where
I could find such a utility?