Re: PPP...

Dan Graupman (graupman@fnphy.fnal.gov)
Sun, 26 Nov 1995 22:02:21 +6

On 26 Nov 95, Henrik Wann Jensen <hwj@lin1.gk.dtu.dk>, Henrik Wann
Jensen wrote:

> I have created the ppp-user with the following commands:
>
> add netuser ppp
> set netuser ppp password test
> set netuser ppp protocol ppp
> set netuser ppp routing on
> set netuser ppp address 255.255.255.255 (I have also tried a fixed ip-adr.)

If this is a conection from one machine dialing in, ie. it is not a
router dialing in to connect a network up to this port, I would try:
setting the routing off
assigning a specific ip address
and making sure that the machine dialing in has the correct address
set, or is set to 0.0.0.0 and letting the ppp protocol take care of
assigning the address.

I'm using radius on my machines, with dynamically assigned ip
addresses. Here is an entry from my users file, if it is any help.

pdan Password = "UNIX"
User-Service-Type = Framed-User,
Framed-Protocol = PPP,
Framed-Address = 255.255.255.254,