Re: Assigned IPs from a subnetted class C

Matthew N. Dodd (winter@jurai.net)
Wed, 22 Nov 1995 20:12:27 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 22 Nov 1995, Jeffrey C. Ollie wrote:
> M> Now, will this work? I'm not having any luck so far, but that may just
> M> be me and the router. I just want to make sure that the PM2e will
> M> be happy with this...
> This is what we are using. We are using addresses out of a Class B
> though, although I don't think that it makes a difference. Forget
> using RIP - it won't handle it. Set static routes up in your router
> and hosts. The latest alpha of Gated sets up static routes on our
> UNIX boxes for the subnets and one VMS machine relies on ICMP
> redirects from the router and default routes.

Ack, I figured it out. I set the Portmasters to advertise host routes
(add netmask x.x.x.x y.y.y.y) and kicked the Cisco a couple times, and
presto!

Thanks.

| Matthew N. Dodd | winter@jurai.net | http://www.jurai.net/~winter |
| Technical Manager | mdodd@intersurf.net | http://www.intersurf.net |
| InterSurf Online | "Welcome to the net Sir, would you like a handbasket?"|