Re: Zyxel-Modems

Dave Cornejo (dave@dogwood.com)
Wed, 22 Nov 1995 07:26:19 -0800 (PST)

Henrik Wann Jensen wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone has any experience with Zyxel Elite 2864 modems.
> Are there any problems that I should be aware of before I start configuring
> the PM-25...

I've been beta-testing the 2864 since early June - these things aren't
quite ready for prime time. I and others on the mailing list are
still having problems. The major ones still seem to be 1) problems in
connecting with Rockwell chipset modems, 2) unexplainable hang ups,
and 3) over-conservative connect speeds (I just managed my first 24K
connect last night).

ZyXEL just did an interim release which helps some, but I expect that
a public update to fix everything is still a month or more off. If
you're an ISP the 2864 is going to be a major headache for sometime to
come...

--
Dave Cornejo                                There is nothing so subtle
Dogwood Media                                           as the obvious