Re: has anybody ever seen this?

Robert Shady (rls@kilroy.id.net)
Mon, 20 Nov 1995 08:49:13 -0500 (EST)

> On Sat, 18 Nov 1995 dmcpike@henge.com wrote:
>
> > Hey there everybody! Every now and again (pretty rarely), I'll see a line
> > in the 'show sessions' that looks like this:
> >
> > S10 ATS0?S2?S3?S4?S - Log/Net In USERNAME 0 0
>
> Well, the first one certainly looks like someone may have been attempting
> to put your modem in a command state and then query the registers. I
> assume you have a security feature on your modem or have changed the
> attention signal from +++, so this shouldn't be very sucessful.

I'd be more willing to bet that the user on the other side doesn't realize
that they're connected, and their software tried sending the modem init
strings. I've seen it happen several times.

-- Rob
===

Innovative Data Services
Serving South-Eastern Michigan
Internet Service Provider / Hardware Sales / Consulting Services
Voice: (810)855-0404 / Fax: (810)855-3268 / Web: http://www.id.net