Re: WorldGroup BBS by Galacticomm.

Robert Hanson (roberth@cet.com)
Mon, 20 Nov 1995 02:37:21 -0800 (PST)

there are a few things that need to be answered first... one... based
upon what i have read, the ICO package on the WG server must not be in
proxy mode... it can be run that way... and you only need to assigned one
ip to his system.

the WG software is a pain in the butt to setup... hence the fact that i
use portmasters and the bbs i have is mainly a local gaming chat kinda
thingy and i had grand plans for the $1000 ico software...

the first thing to do would be to make sure that when people go into slip
mode on his unit that his/her WG software is actually functioning in
slip/cslip/ppp mode... there are so many variables on the mbbs/wg side.
also is it truly the ico wg software by gcomm or the vircom software?
plus the fact that the software is in beta still for the pass through slip
(ico gcomm) you'll need to set down with this person and basically start
from scratch... have you seen it operate on their side? can they do the
telnet/ftp/email/finger blah thing? how fast is the connect? if it is not
at least 56k sync dont even try... im assuming it is a fast link... of
course i could be wrong... router on his side too? lemme know... you can
pry get in on the gcomm beta chats through his account on gcomm.com....
might help...

-rh