Re: Can't get modems to answer

Doug Ingraham (dpi@rapidnet.com)
Thu, 16 Nov 1995 09:47:09 -0700 (MST)

It would destroy the eeprom after a few hundred thousand cycles but you
probably would never notice it because whenever you turn on the modem
the string would be sent to the modem and the parameters would be set the
way you want anyway. Modern eeproms are good for as few as a few thousand
cycles to as many as millions. It is still something to be concerned about
and probably not in general a good idea to reset the modems this way.

Doug Ingraham
dpi@rapidnet.com