Re: Potmaster Solaris and NIS+

Joe \ (joe@hiline.net)
Thu, 16 Nov 1995 11:08:15 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 15 Nov 1995, Jeff Mcadams wrote:
> Thus spake Mark A. O. van Ryck de Groot
> >HELP !!!
> >
> >Is there anyone who has had problems with a Portmaster not using NIS+ to
> >authenticate passwords. I can't get my RADIUS software to check my NIS+
> >database properly under Solaris 2.4 (11/95) release. If anyone has any
> >ideas of things to check please forward them to me.
>
> Make sure your /etc/nsswitch.conf points to nis, and it just works.
> radiusd uses the getpwnam which pulls it out of whatever name lookup
> system you use nis, yp, flat files, whatever.
>
> Jeff McAdams

I had several problems getting RADIUS to work on our Solaris 2.4
sparcs. I cured several strange behaviors just by recompiling the supplied
source with gcc. Then I too ran into the NIS+ password problem. It went
away after I applied patch 101973(-14?). You might want to look at this
patch.

Joe Gonzalez
joe@hiline.net
is it lunchtime yet?