Re: Linux dip script

Allen V. Vartorella (al@Fe3.rust.net)
Tue, 14 Nov 1995 15:11:43 -0800 (EDT)

pppd +ua ~/names connect 'chat -v "" ATDTxxxxxxx CONNECT "\r" ' /dev/cua1 38400 defaultroute crtscts -as 0 mru 4096

Is what I used. Actually uses hat to connect and run pppd. Never got
dip to run with ppp. Was told it is strictly slip. Not sure on that
one. The ~/names is a file that has two lines (for me ) username and
password. Hope this helps.

Also, this must all be on one un-interrupted line...

Allen V. Vartorella Voice (810)642-2276
Network Operations/Customer Service Eng. Fax (810)642-3676
RustNet/Digital Realm Technologies email al@rust.net
Bloomfield, Michigan http://www.rust.net/