Re: Netscape and PAP

Chris B. Wilson, VectorNet (cbw@vector.net)
Fri, 10 Nov 1995 18:37:53 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 9 Nov 1995, Pat McClanahan wrote:

> HW = PM2ER
> ComOS = 3.1.4
> Radius = Yes - Livingston's version
>
> Have 2 users (both are using Netscape) that I am having problems with - one
> can't even get connected, the other gets connected once in a while but then
> gets dropped inadvertently. There are plenty of other users running
> Netscape that are NOT having any problems at all.
>
> The way I understand it Netscape attempts to do PAP authentication. DO I
> need to configure the PM or Radius to do PAP/CHAP or does it work by
> default? If it does PAP then would a Netscape user require the "tty
> window" that the Netscape registration Wizard asks about - if that was
> selected do you think that would cause any confusion.
>
> Any other thoughts about this type of problem would be greatly
> appreciated.

Are they using trumpet for windows? If so, check their winsock.dll's, and
make absolute sure they match up with the version numbers of tcpman
they're using. We have users who have that problem pretty often. Even had
one which could stay connected for 10 minutes, then dns wouldn't work any
more.. try debugging that one!

Chris

[ Chris B. Wilson http://www.vector.net/~cbw ]
[ Gateway Telecommunications, Inc./VectorNet cbw@vector.net ]
[ New pager number: 904-412-4241 Office: 904-375-8658 ]