Re: Need help setting default login hosts for users

Chris B. Wilson, VectorNet (cbw@vector.net)
Fri, 10 Nov 1995 18:44:07 -0500 (EST)

You can do this using RADIUS running on one of your SUN's..

Chris

On Wed, 8 Nov 1995, Pete Williams wrote:

> Hi --
>
> I'm kinda new to this, so bear with me. I've just put a second host on our
> network, which "network" consists of two Sun workstation/servers and about
> 15 ASCII terminals hooked up to a Portmaster.
>
> I would like to assign all dumb-terminal users a default host when they login.
> Preferably, I would like to do this by _user_, but in a pinch I'll settle
> for setting it by _port_. I've tried setting this up in the "User Table",
> "Hosts Table" and the setup menu for the individual ports, but with no avail.
>
> I've read through the docs and can't seem to find anything (understandable,
> anyway) about how to do this. I know this should be easy, so what am I doing
> wrong?
>
> Advice/comments/flames/commiserations gratefully accepted. Let me know what
> information you require about my Portmaster setup.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Pete Williams <petew@lexis-nexis.com>
>
> "Unix is like a toll road on which you have to stop every 50 feet to
> pay another nickel. But hey! You only feel 5 cents poorer each time."
> -- Larry Wall in <1992Aug13.192357.15731@netlabs.com>

[ Chris B. Wilson http://www.vector.net/~cbw ]
[ Gateway Telecommunications, Inc./VectorNet cbw@vector.net ]
[ New pager number: 904-412-4241 Office: 904-375-8658 ]