RE: Bad Modem, Busy Signals, and Hunt groups

Russ Pagenkopf (russ@optim.ism.net)
Fri, 10 Nov 1995 00:30:08 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 9 Nov 1995, William Sommers wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Nov 1995 13:55:07 -0600 (CST) Jeffery J. Hayward wrote:
> > When a modem goes bad, or one of our Livingston Portmasters :) is
> > offline and we need to busy a line, what do we use,

> Get yourself an RJ11 crimper, a handful of 4-contact modular line plugs and
> a length of solid-core 24-gauge telephone wire. Snip the wire into 1"
> lengths, loop it, insert the ends into contact positions 2 & 3 (the middle
> two) in the plugs and crimp.

I'd agree with this, but I've been thinking further that since I'm prone
to forget the little buggers that I'm going to start attaching a long
narrow red piece of cloth to them that says "Remove me when I'm fixed you
idiot!"

:-)