Re: PPP & Shell with the same account

Michael L Judson (judson@linex.com)
Tue, 7 Nov 1995 14:12:04 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 8 Nov 1995, John W. Temples wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Nov 1995, Michael L Judson wrote:
>
> > > He wants to allow users to have a single username which will give them
> > > both a shell and a PPP login depending on how they log in. That can't
> > > be done with Livingston's RADIUS server.
> >
> > Exactly. That's what I meant too. The same login name and password
> > will work with either the shell account or PPP account.
>
> How?

I set everything up according to instructions. I.e, set auth, set
secret, and edit the /etc/raddb/users file with the desired username
and "UNIX" as the password. However, what I did *not* do was set
security on for the ports. I did this by accident, and I found that
it worked. On the dial-up end, I was using a Mac with MacTCP and
MacPPP. I haven't yet tested it with other PPP dialing software.