Re: *** Dedicated Link - 24 Hours ***

Herb Weiner (herbw@wiskit.com)
Tue, 07 Nov 95 14:14:53 PST

Deeb Farris <dfarris@surfusa.com> writes:

> I want to run a dedicated link off of a PM2E
> 24hours a day - without any disconnects. Well,
> I guess a couple here and there, but I have been
> unsuccessful for quite some time in doing this.

I've been doing this off a PM2. Sometimes it will
stay connected for more than a week. Other times,
it will drop the connections several times a day.
I imagine this would be highly dependent on the
telco and the quality of your lines.

When it disconnects, it usually reconnects in under
two minutes. (The Portmaster typically waits more
than a minute before it attempts to redial. I'm
not sure why it waits this long.)

In what way precisely have you been unsuccessful?

Herb