Re: Radius for all

Michael Dillon (michael@memra.com)
Sun, 5 Nov 1995 14:41:15 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 3 Nov 1995, Mike Pierson wrote:

> One person asks if it is possible to get something ported to another OS and
> everybody becomes a critic. I bet when your (you know who you are) OS wasn't
> supported, you cried like a baby. But now that you have what you want, your
> all experts. Far from it!

My OS, Linux, is not supported. But I was able to get the RADIUs source
code last year and get it running. And I learned how to use the command
line interface to manage the Portmasters and IRX's and even build a few
expect scripts. I didn't whine and moan and complain.

> but i bet not many of you have had to port to your OS, someone else did it
> for you.

Nope. I ported it to Linux and BSDI myself. One was easy and one was hard.

Michael Dillon Voice: +1-604-546-8022
Memra Software Inc. Fax: +1-604-542-4130
http://www.memra.com E-mail: michael@memra.com