Re: WAN port locks up

David Carmean (dave@west.net)
Sat, 21 Oct 1995 01:54:07 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 16 Oct 1995, Ed Fineran wrote:

> We have a PM2ER-30 running COM/OS 3.1.4. The WAN port has never gone for
> more than 2 days without locking up. Livingston tried to correct this
> problem by upgrading us from 3.1.2 but it did nothing.
>
> While its up, everything works perfectly and Livingston says its configured
> perfectly. When it stops working, the s ports work fine but W1 does not
> route to the outside (forcing us to reboot the entire unit). A reboot
> brings everything back to normal.
>
> It sounds like other people have had similar problems, is there a known
> solution?
>
> I would obviously appreciate any suggestions.

Did Livingston verify that the unit was manufactured after
May 02, 1995 (I think that's it....)? PM2eRs made before that date
had a hardware bug that caused the WAN port to hang.

David Carmean WB6YZM DC574 dave@west.net
System/Network Administrator, WestNet Communications, Inc.
PGP Key Fingerprint: CD 1C C1 15 3E E3 1D 41 ED C2 3E A8 D6 29 BD C4