Re: DBM for AIX 3.2.5

Chris Woods (cjwoods@usa1.com)
Mon, 16 Oct 1995 08:33:46 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 16 Oct 1995, Gareth Estey wrote:

> I appear to have hit an authentication time-out limit with over 6000
> accounts in the 'users' file. The fix is to build dbm, but the compile
> fails when it hits the dbm.c module.

I don't think it's related to number of users, but how much information
you include in the file for each user. We're still using the users file
as straight text, and it contains over 8000 users. We have only one word
for most users (just the username), and for about 30% of the entries, we
have 3 lines:

username Password = "UNIX"
Framed-Protocol = PPP,
Framed-MTU = 1500