Re: lines hanging up mysteriously.

Matthew (mmacsuga@unix.ieway.com)
Sat, 14 Oct 1995 11:37:00 -0700

On Fri, 13 Oct 1995, Joseph McDonald wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Oct 1995, Cor Bosman wrote:
>

> > Before I go and investigate this more, does anyone else have problems
> > with dialins hanging up mysteriously and way too often?
> > It seems to happen mostly with PPP connections. The dial connects but
> > usually within seconds disconnects again. I cant find a common factor
> > besides the portmaster and/or our modems (USR Robotics rackmounts).

As far as modems dropping carrier, it's the USR's. We have over one
hundred lines here, all Supra 28.8's. Our customers that have USR's
usually just get 'disconnected' for no reason. What you need to do is
either A: Switch modem brands, or B: Contact USR for the Bios upgrades
that apparently "fix" that problem.

- Matthew (mmacsuga@ieway.com)
System Administrator
Internet Expressway