Re: Newbie question on ISDN

Tim Jung (tjlists@i1.net)
Fri, 13 Oct 1995 12:30:05 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 29 Sep 1995, Mike Moskal wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I have a couple of real newbie question on ISDN terminal adapters.
>

> 1) Is there such a thing as a ISDN connection over reg telephone copper lines ??
>
> 2) Is there such a thing as using a ISDN terminal adapter like a req
> external modem ??

Yes the phone company just hooks up a residental ISDN line with the two
copper wires to your house. If you are alooking for an ISDN "modem" then
I would say look at the Bitsurfr for 64K connections or the Bitsurfr Pro
for 128K connections. They are both made by Motorola. I use one to hook
up to our Ascend 400, with no problems.