Re: $200 modem advice

daud (daud@geeks.org)
Wed, 11 Oct 1995 12:34:50 -0500 (CDT)

> From: "Robert Boyle" <robert@gate.garden.net>
> >Is there such a thing as a <$200 v.34 modem that works well for ISP's with
> >Portmasters?
> US Robotics Sportster 28.8 <$175 for the external version (I have paid as
> little as $160) Tastes great, less filling.
> >Has anyone had good (or bad) experiences with
> Cardinal - worse than Zoom

I am using cardinals on all my ports. They have work'd
flawlessly as of yet. The work very well with a simple
init string (i use at&f&d3m0e0s0=1). I have users using
couriers/sportsters/zooms/PP/etc all with no problems.
I get them from merisel for $145/ea. in qt. 16, and
there small and produce very little heat.

If anyone has had any problems with them, I'd be interested
in hearing about it. Please specify ROM version, too.

--
David Denney        Shell/SLIP/PPP @ 28.8K   Dimensional Communications
daud@geeks.org      Never an hourly charge   821 17th Street, Suite 804