Re: Spam

Chris Woods (cjwoods@nosferatu.usa1.net)
Wed, 11 Oct 1995 12:20:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 11 Oct 1995, Jon Lusky wrote:

[re: spam]

> Brian... any chance of finding out who sent this so we can express how
> much we disliked receiveing it?

This exact same spam was sent to 6 of the mailing lists that I read:
info-bind, namedroppers, here, pop, info-andrew, and wu-ftpd. From here,
and from parsing the headers, they seemed to come from a dialup at
ixc.net. Someone on one of the other lists, though, mentioned that he got
it from a new-york.net site as well. In most cases, it was spoofed/forged
to seem as if it were coming from an nd.edu account.

Chris Woods Senior System Administrator USAinternet, Inc.
GCS/CM/IT d- s++:+ a- C++++$ ULS++++$ P+++$>++++ L++++$ E W$ N+ !o
K++ !w--- !O !M-- !V-- PS+? !PE !Y+>++ PGP+ t+@ !5 X !R tv? b+ DI++
cjwoods@usa1.net http://www.usa1.com 508-774-4700