Re: BSDI installation software

Phil Jensen - System Administrator (phil@sierra.valleynet.com)
Tue, 10 Oct 1995 07:40:37 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 10 Oct 1995, Lin Feng wrote:

> Hi All,

Good morning! :)

> The installation folppy came with my PM2E is for SunOS. But
> I need to load the software to a BSDI box and I don't have
> a terminal nor a null terminal cable.

You can untar those files with your BSDi box, but you will still
need a SunOS machine or access to one. You could also use a Windows
machine, but you would still need a null modem and a serial cable. I would
suggest running out and buying one. They are only about $5, and they are
handy when an emergency occurs. For example, our router went down yesterday.
I just grabbed a laptop, threw a null modem on it, and put it on my S0
port. It was easy from there.

I hope this helps you in some way.

> What can I do? Thanks for your help.
> Lin (s9ulzf@fnma.com)

Sincerely,

Phil Jensen _\\|//_
System Administrator (-0-0-)
ValleyNet Communications - Central California's Premier Internet Provider
Voice: (209) 486-VNET (8638) 2300 Tulare, Suite 100
Fax: (209) 495-4940 Fresno, CA 93721-2226
Data: (209) 495-4950 http://www.valleynet.com