Re: Livingston Support and Service Haaaaa

Allen J. Newton (anewton@basis.com)
Fri, 6 Oct 1995 09:59:02 -0600 (MDT)

Jerry Russell wrote:
> Subject: Re: Livingston Support and Service Haaaaa
>
> welcome to the CLUB, we have 7 of them and have been dealing with tech support
> fo over a year and it is getting WORSE ! Now they have a FRONT END that just
> acts dumb and will only take your name and number and put you in the que,
> What a damn joke !
>
> While I was on the phone with them yesterday trying to get thru to tech support, 15 minutes, I got no less than FIVE message poped up omn my SUN server, in the
> Livingston mail list ALL of them was from Livingston's tech support answering mail
> on the list. NOW my question is why were these people NOT taking phone calls
> instead of playing on the net ?
> Duhhh !

Fair enough question.

I wonder if that isn't a good sign that you'd get faster tech support via
email, than over the phone?

I tend to prefer that, anyway, myself. (And of course, if someone didn't
respond from support@livingston.com, I'm not beneath using the addresses of
the tech support people on this list! ;-)

Brian/Carl: How do you guys feel about support via email?

Allen J. Newton     BASIS International Ltd,  (505)-345-5232
5901 Jefferson NE,  Albuquerque, New Mexico   87109
anewton@basis.com   Network Administrator     <*>