Re: Livingston Support and Service Haaaaa

Jerry Russell (jerry@ddi.digital.net)
Fri, 6 Oct 1995 11:44:48 -0400

>From owner-portmaster-users@livingston.com Fri Oct 6 11:27:41 1995
>Date: Fri, 6 Oct 1995 09:06:48 -0600 (MDT)
>From: Christian Nielsen <cnielsen@ut.rockymt.net>
>To: tom@xor.com, support@livingston.com, sales@livingston.com
>cc: portmaster-users@livingston.com
>Subject: Livingston Support and Service Haaaaa
>

>This is about the last time I call Livingston "Customer/Tech Support" (using
>loosly) on a issue.
>
>I called this morning about a problem with one of my PM2ER that will not
>keep a DLCI listing. I am also running 3.1.3 because I can't
>upgrade it using Solaris 2.4, already hosed two Portmasters.
>
>So, and I have said this before, it is nice that we have 'FREE' Tech
>support, but FREE cost me $ when I have a problem and they tell me "I
>don't know when they can call you back"
>
>Livingston "Thanks for calling Livingston"
>Me "Yes can I speak to Tech Support"
>Livingston "one moment"
>Livingston "How may I help you"
>ME "May I please speak to Tech Support"
>Livingston "Do you have an open ticket?"
>Me "No, may I please speak to Tech Support"
>Livingston "May I get your information so I can open a ticket so thay can
>Re: Dedicated 28.8 Link with PM-2E30
>
>CALL you back."
>Me "Look, I have a network down, how long will it take?"
>Livingston "I don't know."
>Me "Hours, days, what?"
>Livingston "I'm sorry, I don't know what the call volume is, I can take
>your information."
>Me "No thank you, I will work on it my self."
>
> Now, I have had livingston products for over 6 months now. Own 4
>portmasters and have told friends and other ISP about them. The problem
>is, I AM SICK AND TIRED OF LIVINGSTON TECH SUPPORT!!
>
> If I have a problem, I can't wait days for them to call me back.
>Just last May, I waited over a week for Tech support to call. That is
>crap. Heck, I have said this before and will say it again, my company
>will pay, just like cisco charges, for good tech support. Heck, that is
>why we pay cisco $300 a year on a 2501. If I have a problem, I just call
>an 800 number and have not had to wait more than 2 hours to be called
>back. They will look at the router, even help set it up if you are having
>problems. That is what I want, that is what I expect.
>
> Livingston is coming out with ISDN. We are ready to buy, BUT not
>if I have to wait for TECH support. If you offer it, support it, heck
>start a Livingston GOLD, where we pay yearly and we know we are going to
>be helped. Overnight shipment of a down router/terminal server, like I
>said before, I have a hosed PM2ER. I know of Cisco sending out a router
>via Delta Express same day, Saturday to a Company, and this is not your
>large company, they own one cisco.
>
> it is good stuff, I just want it supported
>
>Christian
>
>Yes, I know. If I only had 26 hours in a day... ;-0

welcome to the CLUB, we have 7 of them and have been dealing with tech support
fo over a year and it is getting WORSE ! Now they have a FRONT END that just
acts dumb and will only take your name and number and put you in the que,
What a damn joke !

While I was on the phone with them yesterday trying to get thru to tech support, 15 minutes, I got no less than FIVE message poped up omn my SUN server, in the
Livingston mail list ALL of them was from Livingston's tech support answering mail
on the list. NOW my question is why were these people NOT taking phone calls
instead of playing on the net ?
Duhhh !

Jerry Russell
_\\|//_
(-0-0-)
| I'm not really a Sys/Admin But I play one on the Internet ! |
| Jerry Russell, Staff at FLORIDA ONLINE. 3815 N US 1, #59, Cocoa, FL 32926 |
| 407-635-8888 voice, 1-800-676-2599 (toll free), 407-635-9050 fax |
| jerry@digital.net |
|| ||
ooO Ooo