Re: DEFAULT logins from RADIUS

Matthew S. Crocker (matthew@Crocker.com)
Wed, 4 Oct 1995 12:38:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 4 Oct 1995, James R. Smith wrote:

> Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 11:18:44 -0500 (CDT)
> From: James R. Smith <jamie@interaccess.com>
> To: portmaster-users@livingston.com
> Subject: DEFAULT logins from RADIUS
>
> (I sent this once and it didn't work, if you already got it, sorry)
>
> is it possible to have radius log in a user on a machine other than the
> one that radius is running on? I have gotten it to work on the same
> machine, but that isn't what i need--
>
> I have radius on machine A. The users home dirs are on machine B.
> Most access via PPP, but I want to be able to have them access their shell
> accounts too (they have 2 account names, one for ppp and one for their
> shell). I want them to be able to log in with a terminal program, and
> give their shell UID and password, and IMMEDIATELY get logged onto "B"
> (even when machine A authenticates, I get a 2nd password prompt). Is this
> possible or do I have to hack the radius code?

The second password prompt is from machine B, you need to add your
portmaster to the /etc/hosts.equiv file on machine B and have machine A
tell the portmaster to use rlogin to login into Machine B.

Sounds like you are doing all of this except the /etc/hosts.equiv part

-Matt

-Matthew S Crocker "The mask, given time, comes
matthew@crocker.com to be the face itself." -anonymous
*OS/2*OS/2*OS/2*OS/2*OS/2*OS/2*OS/2*OS/2*OS/2*OS/2*OS/2*OS/2*OS/2*OS/2*OS/2*
*linux*linux*linux*linux*linux*linux*linux*linux*linux*linux*linux*linux*