Re: "Connecting"

Barry James (bjames@galileo.mis.net)
Mon, 2 Oct 1995 09:05:16 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 1 Oct 1995, Pat McClanahan wrote:

> I have a user that gets connects to our modem bank, can enter his login
> id and password, but then the PM sits there with a status of "Connecting"
> until the connections times out. The user never does get a usable connection.

I've had this problem, too, but only in new POPs. It usually was for
us that RADIUS couldn't validate the user either because the new PM2eR
was not put in the clients file or the secret might have been
forgotten/mistyped. When I watch on the PM, it shows the USERNAME,
PASSWORD, and CONNECTING, then it just times out. It was frustrating for
our first two pops until we finally made this desktop procedure.

Barry

Barry L James | Mikrotec Internet Services, Inc.
Internet System Engineer | 1001 Winchester Rd
http://www.mis.net/ | Lexington KY 40505
bjames@mis.net | 606/225.1488 FAX: 606/225.5852