Re: (PM) PM3 line interfaces go bonkers - power-cycle fixes?

Brian Zimmerman (brianz@kcisp.net)
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 19:27:35 -0600

Don't know if this will help, but it's probably worth checking.

We had a POP in a SWB town that would do this. It was on an Emerson Switch. The
PM3 was running 3.8.2c2. We found that we could reboot the PM3 or SWB could
reseat thier T cards, either way would fix the problem. The techs at SWB kept
telling us that they were seeing slips on the CT1s signal coming back to them
from our PM3. After months of working with SWB and being told by SWB to replace
our equipment and cabling because they could test fine to thier "Stupid Jack"
but not our PM3. Which we ultimately did. It was determined by a SWB tech that
SWBs "Stupid Jack" needed the regeneration dip switch set on.

This was done 2 months ago and we have been running clean CT1s since.

I have this situation on some CT1s in an Independant Telco town. PM3 running
3.8.2c2 on Siemen/Stromberg DCO. Still haven't figured it out. The PM3 is less
then 20' cable feet from the switch. The telco has CT1s wired to a regular RJ-45
jack. They are supposed to install "Stupid Jack" with regeneration dip switch on
to see if that fixes it.

I'll let the group know how it turns out

Brian Zimmerman
KeyCreations
brianz@kcisp.net
316.782.3131