Re: (PM) Downgrading from 3.9b27

Jeff Woods (jwoods@deltacomm.com)
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 11:49:27 -0500

Vern, the 5.66 drivers SUCK. The 5.54 drivers were much better. I think
the code in 5.66 consumer update was the same as that in the ß27 code. My
connections from home dropped from 51,333 to 26,400 when I moved from 5.54
to 5.66, and went back UP when I downgraded back to 5.54.

That's why its beta, mind you, but sounds like ß27 is a loser.