Re: (PM) PortLimit = 1 ??????

Doug Semig (dougslist@c3net.net)
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 04:06:53 -0500

Your best bet would be to check out either the ISP-RADIUS or the CISTRON
RADIUS mailing lists for tech support on Cistron Radius. Believe it or
not, there are those of us who have only used Livingston's RADIUS
implementation.

But since your Q is an easy one, and this list is as dead as the Portmaster
series of products...

You don't use the Port-Limit reply item to limit the number of sessions a
user can have. That is used to tell the NAS how many ISDN channels a user
can have. You use Cistron's Simultaneous-Use check item.

For example:

stots Password = "neverguessthisone", Simultaneous-Use = 1
User-Service-Type = Framed-User,
Framed-Protocol = PPP,
Session-Timeout = 14400,
Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobsen-TCP-IP,
Framed-Filter-Id = "std.ppp",
Framed-MTU = 1500

...or something like that.

Cistron homepage: http://www.miquels.cistron.nl/radius/