Re: (PM) MRTG Maximal 5 minute modems?

Butch Kemper (kemper@tstar.net)
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 09:02:58 -0600

At 03:14 PM 12/21/1999 , you wrote:
>I've got MRTG monitoring the modem usage on my PM3s using PM3Lines.pl.
>I'm wondering what "Maximal 5 minute modems" means. All of the charts
>show up in Goldenrod, but on the weekly, monthly, and yearly graphs, there
>is a dark green section of the graph above the goldenrod section. The
>legend describes the dark green as "Maximal 5 minute modems", but I can't
>find any information on just what that means. Interestingly, this green
>section doesn't show up on my daily graph--just on the weekly, monthly,
>and yearly. Can anyone tell me what this is? Thanks!

MRTG samples the modems un use every 5 minutes. The Graphs are averaged
and the "Maximal 5 minute modems" is the maximum number of modems that were
counted during the average period.

Butch

TSTAR Internet, Inc | Making the Network Work
Marble Falls, TX | Serving Blanco, Burnet, and
830-693-6967 | Llano Counties