Re: (PM) WARNING: US-West CT1s

Kevin Katz (kkatz@tic1.net)
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 09:18:21 -0800

We have CT1's from USWest and had more than our fair share of
problems....mainly with line errors and our customers getting disconnected,
etc. We finally have lines that produce 0 errors and our customers get great
connects....we simply have had no problems whats so ever........How did we
manage that??..........One year of constant nagging and bitching plus a
quite a few times that I would call the service crew out at 1 or 2 in the
morning.
About the second month up, the line problems were so bad that they had
us move our equipment down to their co-locate room while they tried to work
things out.....I noticed, for that month, we had no line errors and no
disconnect problems....hum....."If that can be here, it should be the same
at my location....". So when we got the equipment back to our location, I
monitored the lines frequently...If I saw even 1 CRC error, I was on the
phone, giving them a ear full.
Well, they must have finally realized that I wasn't going away and I
wasn't going to stop complaining.....and I now have 300 pairs of new copper
sitting on the pole....Yea, that year was a pain in the butt, but folks,
don't let your telco get away with selling you something that doesn't work
right.....Would you keep a TV that had a great picture but the volume didn't
work???............I thought not.

Kevin

Technology in Color

Spokane Wa.