Re: (PM) bonding 2 bri's

Joe Barnhart (flaboy@gnv.fdt.net)
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 13:27:49 -0500 (EST)

I settled on the Superpipe 95, thanks for the suggestion.

It came in at around 900, the cost of doing a modular cisco router was
anywhere from 1700.00 - 2000.00 but I could get a T1 and integrated
csu/dsu 1604-R I think, for 1395.00, go figure.

And, yes, STAC was an issue for me. I always spent the extra $$ on the
stac cards for all the pm3's we have.

Apparently this configures exactly like the pipe 50's and 75's which I've
loved and used for years now.

Thanks again guys! Everyone have a wonderful holiday season and a happy
new year!

Joe

On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Al Hopper wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Butch Kemper wrote:
>
> > At 03:13 PM 12/15/1999 , you wrote:
> > >I have a customer that has two BRI's, and would like to take advantage of
> > >all four channels and dial into my PM3.
> > >
> > >I know someone spoke about the cisco ?? router that did this for them, was
> > >hoping someone on the list has done this (is doing this) and what are they
> > >using on the customer side to dial into the PM3 with two BRI's, bonding
> > >all channels.
> >
> > I have done it with a PM2e and the 5BRI card. Given what I have seen on
> > the used equipment lists, you can put together a box that will do it for
> > less than $1,000.
>
> Yes, but don't forget that the PM2 does not do compression!
>
> Al Hopper Logical Approach Inc, Plano, TX. al@logical-approach.com
> Voice: 972-379-2133 Fax: 972-379-2134
> MicroSoft is a giant marketing machine, that just happens to also sell software.

| Joseph Barnhart | IRC | Gainesville, Tallahassee, |
| FDT Network Administrator | Front Page | Ocala, Tampa & St. Pete. |
| Florida Digital Turnpike | 56k Dialup | Pensacola, Jacksonville and |
| http://www.fdt.net | ISDN T1 | Miami. Megapop and Ipass |
| joseph.barnhart@fdt.net | Web Hosting | National access. |
| | Unix Shells | |