Re: (PM) ram for PM3 (fwd) (fwd)

Christopher E. Brown (cbrown@denalics.net)
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 09:50:52 -0900 (AKST)

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999 mail2news-portmaster-users@csulb.edu wrote:

> None of which answers my original question: how long does it take
> for the contacts to corrode? My PM3 is not swimming in the ocean nor
> is it water cooled.
>
> --matthew black

Your question *was* answered. I have seen random memory
issues crop up in anything from a few months to a few years, depending
on the system (things such as memory voltage levels make a
difference).

One normally begins to see nasty buildup on the gold contacts
in a few months. How long till it fails depends, on environ, voltage,
contact area, pressure applied by the clip, etc...

Simple rule, just don't mix em.
---
As folks might have suspected, not much survives except roaches,
and they don't carry large enough packets fast enough...
--About the Internet and nuclear war.