Re: (PM) Feature Request- specify 3rd DNS server

Pete Templin (templin@urdirect.net)
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 21:30:12 -0600 (EST)

On Sun, 12 Dec 1999, Richard Fink wrote:

> Does any body have the email address handy where you request a feature
> for ComOS. I know it is probably too late in the day, but I'd like to
> request support for specifying a 3rd DNS.

Out of curiosity, why would you want this? Hopefully, one PM3's worth of
dialups isn't mobbing two of your DNS servers that bad, and if you had
several PM3s, you could round-robin the assignments:

PM3A dns1 dns2
PM3B dns3 dns1
PM3C dns2 dns3

Maybe it's time to split off your DNS services onto a separate box. One
of the ISPs I built uses two servers as authoritative for the domains
hosted there, and two other servers as client request handlers; none of
them ever gets bogged down, and nobody ever said that those two roles had
to be handled by the same boxes.

Pete

--
Peter J. Templin, Jr., CCNA