Re: (PM) Re: (ANNC) ComOS 3.9b26 available for open beta

John W Baxter (jwblist@olympus.net)
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 23:40:41 -0800

At 10:18 -0500 12/10/99, Jeff Woods wrote:
>v5.66 seems to be current as of this minute on the Lucent website.
>
>http://www.lucent.com/micro/K56flex/driver2.html
>
>In my experience, vendors like Compaq don't update their drivers nearly as
>often as Lucent does, and the Generic update from Lucent is usually needed.
>
>At 08:59 AM 12/10/99 -0500, you wrote:
>>Try 5.65, 5.44 is way out of date.
>>
>>Vern

(Responding to my remarks about my LT WinModem (5.44 drivers) connecting to
our PM3's and our competitor's MAX at 37,333.)

I updated to 5.66 from the Lucent site, and now the modem connects to our
PM3s and the competitor's MAX at...37,333 as before (except for one "rogue"
connection to our PM3s at 36000). (Up link speed 24,000 on our PM3 per the
PM3...not so easy to learn on the other guy's MAX.) However, tonight the
Zoom has slowed down to about 37,333 to 40000 also. Perhaps the WinModem
will be faster when whatever caused that goes away.

--
John Baxter   jwblist@olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA