Re: (PM) Re: (ANNC) ComOS 3.9b26 available for open beta

John W Baxter (jwblist@olympus.net)
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 00:35:10 -0800

At 2:59 +0000 12/10/99, Mike Tancsa wrote:
>We are currently evaluating a AS5300. So far, we havent seen any
>_dramatic_ overall differences. We will have a better sense in a week to
>see how it performs modem wise as compared to the PM3s. One big
>improvement that we have seen is that it seems to be superior to the PM3 in
>making the initial connection. The place where it really wins however, is
>in all the reporting and debugging features. There is WAY more there then
>on the PM3 which seems very limited by comparison.

The LT WinModem in my newish IBM 1472 (running IBM's 5.44 drivers at the
moment) connects from home at 37,333 to our PM3s (ComOS 3.8.2c2), over CT1
or PRI. It connects to my account with one of our competitors at 37,333
either over a CT1 fed from the same USWest switch we are (and backhauled
away to USWest land), or a PRI fed from a nearby Sprint/United switch and
backhauled away to Sprint land.

In other words, it likes 37,333. It's pretty solid over any of those
connections.

The competitor uses a MAX.

I generally use my external Zoom, which connects at faster rates.

--John

--
John Baxter   jwblist@olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA